Monday, March 14, 2011

A few morsels

Just wanted to quickly share a couple recipes I tried recently.


I was so sick of soup with our sandwiches at lunch that I threw together this little salad as a side dish.  It will be awesome in the summer with barbecue!

Faux Taco Salad:

Shredded lettuce
Chopped cucumbers
Grape tomatoes, halved
Shredded cheddar cheese
Toss with catalina dressing, and top with plain corn chips immediately before serving.  Yum.
( You also could add corn, green onions, avocado and even black beans if you had them on hand)


I also tried this little recipe from Jayesel for slow cooker chicken taco soup.  I had roasted a chicken last week and just used chopped up leftover chicken meat.  I also cooked mine on the stove in a dutch oven, added 2 packs of taco seasoning for more kick,  and added a can of black beans I had in the cupboard.  I topped mine with grated cheese and plain corn chips.  This ate like a meal and went over well with the whole family!

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup

1 comment:

June F. said...

Sounds good! I'm going to have to try both of these out! I've been on a Greek Salad kick lately. :)