Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Ahem...

So, it's been awhile. 

We had a baby.  ha ha.  He's doing well.  He's a great sleeper and has been giving me at least 3-4 hour stretches at night. I"m still exhausted but am trying not to complain as it could be sooo much worse.  I took Nixon for his two week check up yesterday and everything is good.  I have been a bit concerned because he sporadically throws up.  It seems like about every couple days he will just barf all over me.   Super weird but they weighed him yesterday and he is up to 9 lbs 9 oz.  So healthy as a horse.  Not quite as big as his brother which is kind of nice for my back.  I've been strictly nursing him and have even got quite a reserve of pumped milk in the freezer.  He is a much kinder nurser than his brother was and for that I am grateful. 

In the meantime we have been the house of illness this winter.  And it has been so frightfully cold that we have been hibernating a lot.  In other words, I can't wait for Spring.  Again Monday Sullivan was sick with a flu and now this morning my stomache is sore and so is Reese's.  Sucky. 

We did manage to get Sullivan's new room done prior to Nixon's arrival and I'm quite happy with it.  It's tiny but cute.  He made the transition really well and is loving his new big boy room.  Since its completion he has ripped all of the stickies off of the wall behind the crib. 






So day to day is how we have been functioning.  So far we're surviving.  It's still all so worth it though, even at 4 in the morning when I'm nursing Nixon and he is staring up at me with those big bright eyes.  I'm in love again.  Our family is now complete and as much as it makes me sad, I'm so excited that I get to be a mom to these 3 perfect little humans! 

2 comments:

Corina said...

that post just made me cry! The room looks amazing Meg! I need to hire you to do my decorating!
It's hard to be upset with them when they're so cute eh?
Anyways, i forget about pumping - do you take stuff at the end or the beginning of a feed or completely different timing...

Meghan said...

Gotta love hormones eh?
I pumped a lot at the beginning cuz I was drowning the poor boy out. Even now, he mostly is just a one boob man. So I will sometimes pump the other boob at the same time he is eating. Or if he has just eaten and I know he's going to sleep for a stretch and yet I still feel pretty full, I will pump a bit to make myself more comfortable.