Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pineapple

The baby is the size of a pineapple now.  Feels more like a small elephant when it gets moving this way and that but I guess a pineapple is close.

We have all been sick.  I figured out today that I haven't left the house since last Thursday.  A whole week... housebound.  Yikes!  We are venturing out for dance in an hour though so that will break the streak.  Let me tell you having the flu at 33 weeks pregnant is awful.  Absolutely awful.  My body hasn't been that sore since I had Sullivan.  I lost 3 pounds in 2 days.  I'm finally on the rebound though and so is everyone else.  No one escaped unscathed.

We are having major issues with Reese and pooping.  It's been very stressful and has affected everything, including her eating habits, her sleeping habits and her social skills.  Needless to say we went to the doctor this week regarding it and she did nothing.  To a person who has to endure her child screaming and yelling while trying to hold her poop in for 6 - 7 days it has been frustrating.  She has referred us to a pediatrician and though we will likely have to wait a couple months to get in, at least I am hopeful that if this is still going on, there might be a slight glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel.

Needless to say that with all of this going on, we have become reclusive.  Short of the activities that are necessary, such as preschool ( which is questionable at best) and dance (which she loves), we haven't been going anywhere.  I miss the play groups and seeing our friends.  I am hoping that things turn around here shortly and we can get back to at least some of these things.

The room is progressing very slowly.  With all of us getting sick it has delayed us yet again.  Also, as party of the reno, there was an old chimney that ran through that room and down into the kitchen from the attic.  We figured that now was the time to remove it, but was it ever a big, dirty job.  (Not that I did any of it, but still, I cleaned up the after effects!)  So we are now waiting till this weekend to finish demolishing the rest of the walls, framing in the closet and then hanging all of the dry wall.  After that, we are getting someone in to mud and tape for us and then I can paint and Scott can lay the new carpet down.  All before Christmas (said with fingers crossed).  I will try and take some pictures of it now, which is mid demo, and then when we are done so you can see the transformation. 

This morning, I finished my Christmas shopping.  Scott and I always do online lists and then just go there for everything.  Simple.  Half an hour and I was done.  What better way to spend a blustery day.   A chicken is in the oven roasting for supper and we just finished decorating the tree!  Small things to enjoy!

No comments: