Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Update

I am 28 1/2 weeks pregnant.  The baby is now the size of a Chinese cabbage which I had to google to find out looks like this:



I am feeling pretty good.  The cold is almost gone.  The tailbone is bearable again.  And I am still exhausted.. which I'm sure is normal for a pregnant mother of 2! 

Reese has had 3 dance lessons and seems to be enjoying them.  We still have some issues with me not being in the gym with her (just outside the door isn't quite good enough apparently) but we are making head way.

Reese had her first day of preschool today.  I dropped her off and when she ran off I left.  Then on the stairs I heard, "I want Mommy".  I kept going and cried for 15 minutes.  Once I recovered I sat watching the clock waiting for the 2 and a half hours till  it was time to go pick her up... all the time hoping that she was having fun.  When I picked her up she just wanted to leave immediately.  She didn't tell me what she did or anything, just get me out of here.  We had planned to go out for lunch to celebrate her first day and we did, but boy was she grumpy.  After we got home she laid on the couch and watched cartoons for 45 minutes.  After that she seems to be doing a lot better.  Happier for sure.  So not sure what that means, but the teacher said she was good except for shouting out for mommy once in a while and not wanting to keep her shoes on.  So I guess it was a success.  We'll see how it goes next week. 

Some snaps of the kids Thanksgiving weekend.

Reese likes to do this pirate face now.  She says "Argh, I'm a pirate". 

Tonight we have a preschool meeting and toy cleaning.  So that is what I will be doing, rather than watching the ball game and Survivor on my couch in my comfy pants. 

1 comment:

Corina said...

mia was very quiet after her first day of nursery school as well. I think it is because it was such a new overwhelming experience...and then little tidbits seem to come out over time! (like the songs that they learn and so and so wasn't there today!)