Thursday, October 14, 2010

Funky Monkey

I am in a bit of a funk right now. 

I have a headache, a cold with a nasty cough for 2 weeks now, and my tail bone issue which still makes getting up from sitting pretty painful.  Oh and did I mention that every time I cough it hurts my tail bone....

Normally this wouldn't get me down, but then you add in two children.  One that is especially spirited.  I love her to pieces but I don't like the person she can make me become some days.  I was actually reading a Parents magazine a month ago and came across an article that talked about raising a spirited child.  It fit her a to a tee, and it made me feel better to read about other children that fight to wear shorts on a winter day only to take them off 2 minutes later.  I don't like that she can get me so agitated that I have to lock myself in a seperate room for 5 minutes and do deep breathing techniques.  I don't like that I say things that I thought I would never say to my child.  I don't like that at the end of the day sometimes I just can't be around her for a while. 

This mothering thing is hard.  And I'm scared to think about how I am going to handle 3 kids in January. 

4 comments:

Corina said...

are you around tomorrow? let's have a phone convo!

Meghan said...

I'm around this afternoon Corina... would love to chat.

Corina said...

i'm sorry i didn't get calling - let's talk on Monday or any time inbetween okay?! hope you had a good day today and that your tailbone gets better!

June F. said...

I think when people are thinking of becoming parents, there should be a warning... "Caution, this may cause you to be someone you never thought you would be, and to be more upset then ever before." I know how you feel, just remember you are not alone! Hang in there chickie!!