Monday, October 04, 2010

Dancing, doctors, painting, movies, and a sore butt

Thursday was Reese's first dance class, she looked so cute.  She did not want me to leave though, so I spent the class by the door where she could see me.  I'm hoping that as she gets more familiar with it that I can leave the room. 

Thursday evening I gave Sullivan a hair cut.  This is him post hair cut.  Much better than the shaggy sheep dog he was before. 



The weekend started on Friday with a doctors appointment.  WHICH SUCKED!  First off I was up for 2 hours Thursday night, watching tv because I couldn't sleep.  Then I had to see a different doctor and I did not like him at all.  I had to wait for 2 hours (BOO).  2 trips to the lab (BOO).  4 lb weight gain in a month (YAY!).  Anterior placenta (BOO), which really isn't that big of a deal but the way he communicated it to me was poor.  He told me not to let my other 2 kids jump on me or play too rough as my placenta could seperate, or rupture!  Also he said that I wouldn't feel the movements the same, but I haven't noticed this.  Yikes.  I am measuring larger than I should be, like a week and a half (BOO).  Should be measuring about 25 1/2 and was measuring 27!  UGH.  And yet I am smaller than I was last time, so it must just be the way I'm carrying. 

Scott's mom and dad came and stayed with the kids for the day (YAY), so I didn't have to entertain them for this wonderful visit to the doctor. 

Saturday I was able to finish up the painting in the porch (minus some minor touch ups), played outside with the kids, and in general had a pretty good day.  Reese had set one of her little chairs behind me without my knowledge and I crouched down to paint and it cracked me right on my tailbone.  This sent me into a huge crying fit and I am still a little tender sitting down today.  Live and learn, always look behind you!!  We had my mom and dad over for supper and then settled in and watched the Hurt Locker. 

Yesterday I went to Brandon for a movie and supper with some girl friends.  I got home at 8 to a clean house, 2 clean kids tucked in and asleep for the night!  Ahh, bliss.  It was a wonderful relaxing day!  Thanks girls!

Today I am putting my porch back together again, making a batch of spaghetti sauce, doing laundry and a light cleaning downstairs.  Tomorrow my mom is taking Reese for the day and I am planning to fall clean her room while my helper is gone! 

Happy Monday everyone!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm still reading, love your updates. :) I had an anterior placenta too but never even knew it until the end of my pg (and my dr never mentioned it).

Meghan said...

So nothing was different or difficult with the anterior placenta??

June F. said...

Reese is totally cute in her too-too, and Sullivan is looking like such a big boy now with his stylin' new doo! Very cute!! I had a great girls outing as well, (THANKS GIRLS!) and to my surprise my kids were clean when I got home too! WooHoo!!!

Corina said...

I was too scared to cut Winston's hair - so he got it yesterday at the hair dressers and Mia got a trim!