Thursday, May 20, 2010

Garden

We finally have our garden in for the year.  I like to have a good variety but not tons of each thing.  Scott's biggest pet peeve is that I put more than one thing in a row.  But for instance, I don't want many radish, or green onions, or carrots.  So I put all of these in one row. 
I also planted some rhubarb (that I stole from Mom... this stuff cost ~ $17.00 for a tiny pot at the green house!) and strawberries.  I also threw in some potatoes, onions, peas, green beans, romaine lettuce, cucumbers, yellow and red peppers, 3 kinds of tomatoes and corn.

Holy guacamole, I am going to be busy.  CC is pretty pumped about the garden.  She wants to put a chair out in it and just sit.  She also asked me if we could grow hot dogs and yogurt. ha ha.  I love her enthusiasm and hope this will be a great way to teach her about food and eating fresh and healthy!

I have a recipe to share coming soon ( with pictures!).

3 comments:

Kari-Ann said...

I need to get my arse in gear and do the same. Maybe tomorrow. It would be good to have it in before it rains again - which I think is the forecast for the weekend. I have good intentions, I just keep getting sidetracked! Oh well - it's still early so even if I just get started this weekend I'm still good...

Oh - and I'm with Scott. Too many different leaves to keep track of when you mix and match rows. Then again, I don't plant anything I don't intend to eat at LEAST a row of...

Meghan said...

It's going to rain today i think!! That would be good because we also planted about 500 trees and shrubs, annuals, and perennials!! I have been busy watering but would love a good rain.

Sandy said...

OH wow Meghan, sounds like quite the garden. We'll have to come out for a ride and check out your flowers and all that pretty stuff.