Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Turkey Lurkey

Last Friday I decided to make turkey burgers. Neither of us had ever had them and I was curious so I went to a food blog that I read and searched and found this recipe for Spicy grilled turkey burgers with coleslaw.

Spicy Grilled Turkey Burger with Coleslaw


They were amazing. I will definitely make these again. I thought it was interesting how much lighter they were than regular ground beef burgers. They reminded me of summer. I served them alongside baked homemade french fries which were a big hit with CC.

We were in Winnipeg this past weekend and we were able to get some foods that we aren't able to get here. We stocked up on some arugula, fresh herbs, polenta, and some italian sausage that jumped out at Scott. Last night we used up my other pizza crust I had froze and made an italian sausage and arugula pizza. I still have piles of arugula left and will be trying to find things to make so I can use every last leaf up. I have been wanting to make an arugula pesto sauce so I will keep you posted.

I had a wonderful lunch with the most wonderful ladies at the Falafel Place. It was my introduction to falafel and I loved it. I will definitely be going back. At lunch we were able to talk about many things and we cemented our plans to partake in the YMCA's Annual Spring Run at the end of May. It will be a fun thing to do with the "30" girls and a little challenge to stroke off the life list.

Speaking of life lists... my SIL convinced me to purchase my very first pair of skinny jeans. Yikes. I've always wondered if I could pull them off and on Saturday night I finally rocked them... I think. ha ha.

This being the year of the big 3-0, I'm going to try and challenge myself to do things I normally wouldn't. Any suggestions?

No comments: