Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I think I need some cheese


I have been a stranger to posting lately. Partly because I am a busy working mama but I think mostly because I am so depressed and sick of this weather. And I really don't want to turn this blog into a whiny, sucky, negative read. Especially when I have such cute pictures of my girl to display. But seriously, I need sunshine and warmth and my rambunctious little monkey needs to be able to go outside and play.
We also have been really busy. On the weekend I had a shower and a social to attend, plus we had my brother stay with us all weekend. This was the beginning of Ceecee's break in routine - going to bed at 9:00 is exhausting for mama. I need a couple hours for myself in the evenings. Monday night we were invited for dinner to our neighbor's house, which was lovely but Ceecee again was 9 before going to bed. Then yesterday we had our ultrasound and by the time we got home, she was once again almost up later than me. So I am super excited to have a simple supper and veg on the couch with a good book. (~ sigh~ this is where a nice glass of wine would come in handy).
So our ultrasound was awesome, much to Scott's dismay, there is only one in there. The technician was the same one who did Reese's ultasound and I remember Reese was super still and made it easy on her.... this one was a little different. It was awesome to be able to watch it kicking, punching and headbutting, and in general just kicking the crap out of mama. I am having such a different pregnancy this time it's weird. I know that everybody said that would happen but I honestly didn't believe it. Mentally it is so much better, I don't even think about it that much and I haven't even opened my What to expect book once. That part is awesome, not obsessing so much about every damn little thing. The physical side on the other hand is worse. I am having way worse heartburn, way earlier. I am already sleeping poorly because I'm uncomfortable. I seem to be having more back aches earlier on and more headaches. I'm sure once the sun starts shining and we get outside and breathe some fresh air everything will get better... right??

On a funny note, my little girl has taken to telling the world when she passes gas. She will announce toot, toot. So today I said, what do you say?, to which she responded, ewww. ha ha.

She is really good at her manners and will say pease, sank-yooouuuu, scuse-me and soddy (sorry) with regularity. We have been trying the naughty spot form of discipline when necessary and she knows that when she is being bad she will go to the corner. She sits decently most of the time and is quick to say soddy and give us a hug and a kiss after. Yay Supernanny, for making these techniques so readily available to the world.






Isn't she such a big girl now... brings a tear to my eye.

No comments: