Tuesday, June 09, 2009
So today we gave the big girl diapers a shot and hopefully try and get her going more and more on the potty.
She has been especially trying lately with sleeping habits and hating all things daddy. The girl is still being rocked to sleep and then often and more so with daddy will wake up and scream and shout after being put in her crib. Last night this went on with daddy for 1 and a half hours! And then I had to intervene and that took me half an hour. So if you wonder what we're busy with in the evenings, that just about kills it. Anywho, after screaming for 15 minutes and making herself barf, I finally calmed her down and put her to bed. Speaking of which her big girl room is just waiting for finishing touches and then she will be moving... which will be wonderful with the way things have been going. She napped in her big girl bed on the weekend and did quite well.
I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with her. She has been getting her eye teeth for at least a month now and I cannot quite express into words how jealous I am of people who's children just pop those teeth out fairly quickly and painlessly.
Then there is her inexplicable intolerance for daddy lately. Like honestly the man cannot do anything right. She just yells at him and kicks and fights if he tries to do anything for her. I am still waiting for the daddy's girl stage to kick in.
I think that the teething, combined with a saucy almost 2 year old seems to be our problem, but it is taking all of our patience to tolerate somedays.
On a positive note, she is stringing words together and loves to rhyme right now. She loves Nana banana, daddy baddy, mommy bummy and a couple of her favorite expressions right now are hot tamale and sad baby.
Apart from that all goodness - I only have 30 work days left!!
Friday, May 22, 2009
She is such a little tomboy right now - loves being outside, loves playing with her tractors in the mud, picking rocks, helping mommy plant and water things. She also loves going for rides on daddy's tractors, or even with mommy for little rides on the lawnmower. Most evenings we have to forcibly bring her inside and make her have a bath. She also likes to watch baseball and recently received her first pink baseball glove and ball from Uncle MoMo. Not sure how the pink glove will coordinate with her Cleveland Indians bat though.....
She's gotten much better at giving big hugs that just make you want to never let go and will give kisses much more readily, especially if she thinks you're sad. I love to see that tender side of her.
She has little tolerance and patience and will tell (yell) you to stop, or don't and last night I even noticed her yelling these things at the dogs. She is stubborn and likes things just so and has quite the temper should things not go her way.
She is funny and smart and bright and I couldn't have wished for a better little girl to be a part of my life.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Friday, May 01, 2009
The ball park.
Scott at the ball park.
Basically frozen at this point.
Reflecting on how awesome his life is. tee hee
Drunk as usual. hee hee
I loved these guys at Fisherman's Wharf. (that was basically the only thing I did love about that place)
My virgin margarita was a wee bit tart.
See my comment above!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Modelling her new Dora gardening gloves from Lee & Jill.
Loving her new wheels.
Me new golf partner in the making.
Hmmmm... whatch you got??
Lovin his favorite auntie!
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
* I washed the van last night and the sliding door on Reese's side wasn't froze shut this morning! ( Which saved me lugging a 25lb struggling child through the opposite door and dead lifting her into her car seat)
* Rocking out with CeeCee to "Welcome to the Jungle" on the way to work this morning.
* The moderate weather and the sun shining.
* 9 more days to our vacay!!!
* 4 day weekend approaching very quickly.
* Supper out tonight with the curling ladies for our wind up
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Isn't she such a big girl now... brings a tear to my eye.
Monday, March 16, 2009
We are in the process of renovating CeeCee's big girl room. It was originally going to be a quick fix up and has ended with ripping out the old lathe and plaster, re-insulating, and drywalling. Not that I have had much to do with this process, except for keeping a very curious toddler occupied while daddy is working. He's on to the mudding and taping part this week and I am not looking forward to the fine dust that will surely cover my entire house. I am, however, anxious for this stage to be done as that is when my job starts. That is, the making it all cute and girly stage. I am planning a pink and chocolate brown theme. One wall being stripes of these two colors. We already have an antique bedroom set that my mom has given us to put in there and I picked up some brown curtains the other day. I will post pics when we get it done, which is ideally before we leave for our holiday.
We have officially planned a trip for Spring. We're off to San Francisco mid April for 5 days. We've got lots of activities planned already and I'm sure the time will just fly by. I'm super pumped to get away for a little while and have some grown up time.
I had my first doctor's appointment last week and everything is A-ok. I'm feeling good if you don't count the major heartburn, being tired, blah, blah, blah. Being pregnant is always the same crap and I refuse to whine about it (except to Scott that is). I'm less negative this time and I'd like to keep it that way. I am noticing however that it is harder on my body this time, likely because I'm not in as good of shape. Now that it is warming up, my goal is to get moving a lot more, and eating better. If nothing else, this should at least help with keeping positive. Also, I need to buy some more cute, new maternity clothes. But if you're wondering I think that the Spring stuff on Gap and Old Navy is kind of eh. Nothing that jumps out at me. So if anyone has any clue of where to find cute maternity clothes, please let me know.
Now as Reese likes to say, tootles.
Monday, February 23, 2009
The lovely Vic and Erin.
Myself and foxy Heather.
Dessert to go with the Sex & the Country theme.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
As if we need another one, sometimes the one we have is too much. Case in point, yesterday after a long, exhausting day, I get to my mom and dad's to pick her up. With all of our lovely weather lately the sliding doors on the van have been sticking. Of course, it's always the side that Reese's seat is on, so it has been a fun week of climbing in the other door with a squirming 18 month old and try to heave her into her seat. ANYWHO.... yesterday this happens again so I place Reese in the front passenger seat, tell her to stay put and shut the door so she doesn't fall out on her face. As I'm walking around to the other side to try and pry the door open, I hear the dreaded click. That's right the little bugger locked me out of the vehicle. Oh and did I mention because it's winter and cold, of course the van is running. And of course she isn't even restrained into her seat. So after a moment of panic. I realized I had the extra key in the pocket of my jacket and the crisis was averted.
And I'm afraid to say that I think she might have my klutzy gene... today she walked straight into a wall because she was looking at me and trying to walk at the same time. Poor little thing... hopefully our next one can be graceful.
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
1. Name: Meghan
2. Where were you born? Boissevain
3. Your hometown? Dunrea
4. What's your main goal in life? Just to be happy and love my life
5. Do you want to have children? I want more than the one I already have.
6. How do you want to die? Quickly I guess... painlessly if possible.
O P I N I O N S
1. Sex before marriage? Hmmmm....
2. Lower the drinking age? Nope....I think there's enough idiots in the bar already.
3. Recycling? A must. For the sake of our children.
L O V E
1. Do you have a crush? Does Eric Dane count?
2. Who is the best hugger? Reesey
3. Love at first sight? Nope. Maybe attraction but not love.
L A S T
1. Person you saw not in your family? Nana and Poppa
2. Person you hugged? Reesey
3. Movie watched? Iron Man
4. Song you listened to? Something gay on the shitty radio we get out here in the sticks
P L A N S
1. What are you doing now? Working.... really hard!
2. What are you doing tonight? Curling
3. What are you going to eat for dinner? Leftover taco salad
I N T H E L A S T M O N T H H A V E Y O U
1. Bought something? yes
2. Gotten sick? unfortunately
3. Been hugged? yes
4. Felt stupid? like 600 times a day
5. Missed someone? hmmm... not really.
6. Failed a test? no
7. Danced? yes
8. Slept with someone? yes
9. Slept with more than one person? yes - we like to bring Reesey to bed with us some mornings
F U T U R E
1. Do you want to get married? Can I go back and say no. ha ha
2. What kind of house do you want? A very big one... with lots of closets and storage options.... I actually had an amazing dream about this the other night.
H A V E Y O U E V E R
1. Shaved your head bald? Absolutely not... nor would I ever.
2. Taken over an hour to get ready? Probably a few times. Not often.
3. Gone to jail? no
A R E Y O U G O I N G T O
1. Continue using the computer? yes
2. Hang out with someone today? weird question... probably.
4. Go to school? ha ha.... please refer to the title of this post.
W H I C H I S B E T T E R
1. Rain or snow? Rain
2. Summer or Winter? summer
3. Text messaging or MSN? OMG... for sure texting. ha ha
4. McDonalds or A&W? Ewww.... do you know what's in that shit. Gross.
5. Movies or shows? Movies.... on the couch in my jammies with snacks!
H A V E Y O U E V E R
1. Said "I Love you"? A few times.
2. Given money to a homeless person? Probably
4. Waited all night for a phone call? Hells no.
5. Snuck out: no....I grew up in the boonies, where would I have gone?
6. Looked at the stars? I guess so... not really my thing - pretty much looks the same all the time
7. Sleep in a bed with a person of the same sex? yes
9. Stolen money from a Friend? All the time. ha ha
10. Seen someone die? no
11. Been on an airplane? Yes
12. Slept all day? Don't think so
13. Missed someone so much it hurt? no
14. Fallen asleep during school? no
15. Been lonely? maybe
16. Cheated in a game? Just with Scott
17. Been in a car accident? A few but they weren't my fault. I'm an excellent driver!
18. Had detention? probably
19. Been so happy you cried? yes... but only when Reesey was born.
21. Regretted loving someone? Nah. What doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
* Likes to be sung to sleep... we now offer a choice of songs, Twinkle Twinkle ( or Twinkie, twinkie as she puts it), Rock-a-bye baby or ABC's. This new choice method was brought into effect because mommy got sick of singing ABC's 30 times in a row!
* Loves snack time (nack, nack)
* Will actually say please if she really wants something (score for mommy)
* Absolutely loves to be chased. Her daddy is now affectionately called the Creeper and she will screach Creepy, Creepy and expect her daddy to chase her. This typically brings about squeals of delight and laughter.
* Has no interest in t.v. ( even though momma has tried to get her to watch 10 minutes just to get a break!)
* The one show she will watch for 5 minutes is Barney but to her mother's chagrin
* Will rip out any sort of barette or clip I put in her hair within 2 minutes
* Comes and grabs our hand's to lead us to what she might want
* Loves to hide and is actually getting much better at it
* Says her own name... Ceecee
* Drinks with straws
* Is growing taller because she can now reach the microwave at Nana's house ( and turn it off too)
* Has 8 teeth
* Will now give us kisses ( sometimes) without being forced to do so
* Likes to help dust with her own clothe
* Likes to pretend "seepies" with a blankie on the floor