Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Light as a feather

Oh happy day.... I weighed myself this morning and I'm down another 2 pounds. Only 7 more to go to reach my goal. The goal is actually 2 pounds heavier than I was pre-baby but who's counting. It just seemed more attainable at the time.
I got my gym membership at the beginning of September and was wanting to go 3-4 times/ week. With work and well, life, I've actually been going more like 2 times a week. I've just been walking at a good clip and with a pretty steep incline, but last night I decided to kick it up a notch. I was pretty impressed that I ran for 15 minutes straight.
I won't even mention the 2 times my arm caught the iPod cord and sent it flying off the back of the treadmill. Nor will I mention the one time that while I was trying to save said flying iPod, I accidently hit the emergency stop, thus making a loud beeping noise, alerting the pre-pubescent boys beefing up at the weights of my presence.
Oh I am such a graceful creature.

2 comments:

Corina said...

Way to go Megs...that is awesome...nothing like stepping on the ol scale and seeing it declining!!!! Yipee for you!

So, I guess I better stay true to my word and start posting my results. To be honest, I hadn't really been paying attention as of late, but G and I have been walking lots - so here's hoping for a maintain and not a gain! hehe

ka said...

So, like, there's hope of someday being in the ballpark of where you once were? Halleluja!

I've started pilates. I have the Windsor Pilates dvds and once upon a time enjoyed them. It's been 4 days in a row and I'm just convinced my "core" is thinking pilates is worse than birth. Or, that's how it seems when I get out of bed in the morning...

We'll see. I've got 20 lbs that I want gone by Mar 14, or FOR SURE by June 13. Rock on...