Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What a week....

So... it has been quite the week. Last week I got news that my 16 year old cousin had committed suicide. That was quite the shocker and was only complicated further by family issues that have been ongoing for many years. So the funeral was Monday. Funerals are always tough, but being hormonal right now and it being a child all added on to the other b.s. it was a challenging and emotionally draining day.

Yesterday I had a course to go to.... the subject - some new accounting regulations for the municipal world. With my accounting background, I knew going in how difficult it is to make a subject like that fun and interesting but at least before I was pregnant I could drink tons of coffee to keep me awake. So yet another long day.

This morning I had a doctors appointment. 33 weeks. Yikes - can you believe it. I was just telling Scott the other day how I still can't quite believe that in 7 weeks I will be a mom. I don't feel any different... and I certainly don't feel like I have turned into the "mom type" in the last 33 weeks. Which is alright because here's hoping that I don't turn into a soccer mom where the only interesting thing I have to talk about is the consistency of my little one's shit.





I have been organizing the nursery and finally got the blind hung. It was quite the ordeal that involved my dad's handyman skills only to have Scott have to fix it. Grandma K got the dust ruffle and the crib bumper pads all sewed up and I have almost got them put on. The quilt is finished, just last minute details now. When I finally get it all arranged how I want it I will post pics. The carseat and stroller have been purchased and I convinced Scott to put it together for me the other night. Did you know that the GRACO quattro tour stroller is SUV tough?? Ya know in case you wanted to go off roading with Pedro??




This weekend off to Minot. I am going to enjoy the air conditioning and the pool and I think I have even convinced Scott to take me to the zoo. I love the zoo. It should be a relaxing weekend and I'm told that now Joe and Kyla might even be joining us!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Looking good, if only people knew how hard it is to make you smile right before you go to work. And what a stud putting that contraption together, look at that knee definition! Proof that men do read instructions!

ka said...

I can't believe Scott is looking at the directions... REAL men don't need those...

And amen to no discussions on Pedro's poop. I think we'll get enough of that from Mrs. Lepp - we all heard enough about her own in days gone by...

I can tease her now that she's joined the blogging world, you know. :)

Have a GREAT weekend. I know I will. Wink, wink...